BEFORE:

I just came across this photo of my foot in the delivery room. Eek. This is when I had what I lovingly called "Shrek Feet". These lasted for at least a week after having Jones. Scott and Kensley would put ice packs on my feet and wrap them in ace bandages to help with the swelling. I'm not sure if it helped. All it seemed to do was make ice pack imprints in my feet and cankles.
Is it any surprise that I wasn't able to wear any normal shoes through the last months of my pregnancy? Scott and I went "pregnancy shoe shopping" on our anniversary trip to Santa Cruz and I pretty much started crying in the shoe store because nothing but ugly hippie shoes fit my feet. I'm praying this doesn't happen again next time.
And yes, that is the same nail polish in both photos. Unfortunately I wore that polish until it was holding on for dear life because I felt like I couldn't find the time for proper toe hygiene. Sigh...
Is it any surprise that I wasn't able to wear any normal shoes through the last months of my pregnancy? Scott and I went "pregnancy shoe shopping" on our anniversary trip to Santa Cruz and I pretty much started crying in the shoe store because nothing but ugly hippie shoes fit my feet. I'm praying this doesn't happen again next time.
And yes, that is the same nail polish in both photos. Unfortunately I wore that polish until it was holding on for dear life because I felt like I couldn't find the time for proper toe hygiene. Sigh...

2 comments:
just wait till January when we do pedicures for Savannah's b-day.
I had really bad edema too. I heard that it isn't as bad the second time. I hope it's true.
Post a Comment