I don’t feel much like writing at the moment, but I don’t have anything else to do except go to the market for produce. You’re napping so obviously that errand will have to wait. Not much has changed with you developmentally. You still pull yourself up on everything, your favorite toys are still your plastic stackable rings, you still “talk” to (more like shout at) people you know or are interested in and you have 2 more teeth working their way through your gums. I have fallen into a good routine with chores and taking care of you, so every day is fairly predictable. We don’t go on many outings, but maybe I prefer it that way.
Some fun things we’ve experienced recently were riding an enormous elephant and touring Ayutthaya by boat with our good friends Breckan and Spencer. You were interested in the elephants, but not scared at all. The lulling motion of the elephant’s stride almost put you to sleep. I was nervous sitting on the cushion so high above the ground, clinging to you and trying not to think about the elephant tipping over. It was just you and I riding the wrinkled beast because dad was out of town.
We have 9 more days in Thailand. I don’t know exactly how I feel about that. I’m happy to return home to see family and friends, but bordering on regret as I wonder if I made the most of this trip. The word “adventure” is used a lot by others in regards to our stay in Thailand, but I just can’t use it myself. Maybe I’m confused about the definition. Alright, I just researched it. ADVENTURE: daring and exciting activity calling for enterprise and enthusiasm. Hmmm. I see white water rafting as an adventure. This trip has been more of a learning experience. I’m not a naturally adventurous person- you’re awake and crying loudly now. I’ll use that as an excuse to stop analyzing and end this entry. Cheers to the last 9 days, whatever they bring.
Love,
Mom









7 comments:
they should make a sequel to "babies" (preferably named "babies part duex") and those pictures of jones bathing should be in it.
That's a daily event around here. Bath in the courtyard in the late afternoon when we have nothing to do and have been sweating ALL DAY.
also, did you censor the first photo?
speaking of your photoshop skills, you need to post (or at least email me) the family photos i took of you guys. i never saw how they turned out!
Great pictures of Jones. Based on his look of high intelligence, I'm guessing an IQ of 175. I hope we get to see pictures of the elephant. Can't wait for y'all to come home!
Did you get a new lens? Your photos look awesome.
I love baby legs! Jones has cute ones too! I don't put pants on Ari when we are home because I love looking at his chubby little legs!
your boy is so darling whitney!
Post a Comment