
I've been wanting to share a Valentine's story and I've really enjoyed Spencer's blogs that include verbatim dialogue, so I thought I'd combine the two.
Here's the situation...I had some leftover fine chocolates that Scott had given me for Valentine's. Its now a few days after Valentine's and Scott had a holiday from work for President's Day or something. I didn't, so Scott was home alone and dutifully taking care of chores that were way past due (probably my fault). Later that evening while lying around watching a movie...
ME: Hey, is this the wrapper from my chocolate bar?
SCOTT: (distractedly) Yeah...
ME: But it's all gone.
SCOTT: Yeah...
ME: Uh...Did you eat it ALL?
SCOTT: (with surprise) I thought you had some today.
ME: Nooo...
SCOTT: Oh, I thought you ate some when you got home from work.
ME: I didn't! (confused) When did you eat it? I've been around you since I got home.
SCOTT: I don't remember!
ME: You don't know WHEN you ate it?
SCOTT: (defensively) I ate it sometime, I just don't remember when.
ME: Did you eat it after I got home from work?
SCOTT: I think so. I don't know exactly..
ME: So you have Chocolate Amnesia or something?
SCOTT: I guess...
ME: The rule is that you can taste other people's food, but you can't
FINISH it off. That's the rule! You always have to leave some.
I don't really remember how the conversation ended. I know we were lauging and I remember forgiving him. I guess that's what I get for leaving chocolate out when Scott is roaming the house.
4 comments:
i think we were reading eachothers blogs at the same time.
that is funny. Maybe i should start taking the amnesia route when do anything annoying or wrong. ha.
im late for work "sorry boss, i have directional amnesia and got lost"
Hahahahahahaha. He sounds just like Graham
yay, i'm glad you're blogging more often again. maybe one day we'll come to salt lake again and we can hang out, and not eat "natural" frozen yogurt. sorry, my bad.
Post a Comment