parsimonious
Main Entry: par·si·mo·ni·ous
Pronunciation: \ˌpär-sə-ˈmō-nē-əs\
Function: adjective
Date: 1598
1: exhibiting or marked by parsimony; especially : frugal to the point of stinginess
2: sparing, restrained
synonyms see stingy
What Scott's suggested use might be: "Whitney, you're so delightfully parsimonious. It's my favorite thing about you."
Sent at 9:11 AM on Friday
scott: yeah. I got paid.
me: woo
money money money money! MONAY!
like the song
scott: i know. now I can go on a spending spree.
Monay!
me: let's buy a baby camel
pleeeeeeeeeeeease
scott: perfect.
scott: I secretly want to buy a new pair of shoes for $60
Should I just suck it in and forget about them?
me: YES
you just got new shoes
i love you, but...
do your shoes hurt your feet?
scott: No, but what if I reach some sort of exercise goal.
me: um, like a 6 month goal? sure
scott: Let's say if I exercise for 60 days I can get those shoes.
me: because $60 is a lot of money for a short term goal
60 days consecutively?
scott: two months? sure.
me: you need to stop looking for shoes online
it's only feeding your habit
scott: I wasn't searching for shoes online. Only looking for the one pair I already wanted.
me: haha...same thing. 60 days consecutively is impossible
i was joking
scott: not impossible. Minus sunday, it is possible.
me: fine, go for it
i support it
now i KNOW i need a second job
to fund your rewards
scott: ok.
Does the sixty days start today?
me: yes
we need to budget today
scott: ok.
I've done pretty good this week not spending money on food.
me: that's true
scott: Only yesterday on that pizza.
me: you're a champ
those potatoes were WAAAAY too expensive
never again
i could make those at home, AND better
scott: i know.
Seriously.
I'm excited for this sixty days to freedom
I think it's a smart idea.
me: haha
freedom?
what does that mean?
scott: and it will keep me motivated.
I have no idea.
me: are you buying 'Freedom Shoes"
scott: just made it up.
that's right.
http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7413097/color/158
me: well, get out there and run like a gazelle..
scott: i will.
check them out first.
what do you think?
they are my dreams shoes.
me: those are very cool. I like that blue color.
scott: just like the nikes.
me too.
me: which NIkes?
scott: the ones you gave me.
I like them just like the nikes.
me: the green Nikes?
scott: yeah.
me: good. you can buy those shoes and die happy knowing that you have aqcuired TWO, yes TWO pairs of dream shoes.
scott: i know.
ok. i'm off.
me: I guess I can be grateful that you aren't wanting to buy a motorcycle or something
or get frosted tips
SICK
scott: that's next.
I love those tips.
peace out. I'll be back.
me: my soul just died a little
goodbye
2 comments:
my suggested use of the word parsimonious:
Stage right: Mallory walks in, her arms loaded up with Anthropologie, Banana Republic and JCrew bags.
Schuyler, to his spendthrift wife: "I wish you were as parsimonious as Whitney, who wins out over you in a contest for my wallets affection."
End scene.
The sad thing is when those shoes first came out you could have bought them for $15. As is always said, The good ol days.
Post a Comment